Drontal Plus Deworming Tablet is a pale brown to brown flavoured tablet containing 50 mg praziquantel, 144 mg pyrantel embonate and 150 mg febantel. Flavoured tablets for the control of tapeworms, roundworms and Giardia cysts shedding of dogs and puppies.
For the control of the following gastrointestinal tapeworms and roundworms of dogs and puppies.
- Ascarids Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina (adult and late immature forms)
- Hookworms Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum (adults).
- Whipworms Trichuris vulpis (adults)
- Tapeworms Echinococcus species, Taenia species, Dipylidium caninum (adults and immature forms)
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
For oral administration only.
1 Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet per 10 kg bodyweight
The tablets can be given directly to the dog or disguised in food. No starvation is needed before or after treatment.
- ½–2 kg bodyweight = ¼ Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
- 2–5 kg bodyweight = ½ Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
- 6–10 kg bodyweight = 1 Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
- 11–15 kg bodyweight = 1½ Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
- 16–20 kg bodyweight = 2 Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
- 21–25 kg bodyweight = 2½ Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
- 26–30 kg bodyweight = 3 Drontal Plus Flavour Tablet
For routine treatment a single dose is recommended. Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age and every 2 weeks until 12 weeks of age. Thereafter they should be treated at 3 month intervals. It is advisable to treat the bitch at the same time as the puppies. For the control of Toxocara, nursing bitches should be dosed 2 weeks after giving birth and every two weeks until weaning. For routine control adult dogs should be treated every 3 months. For routine treatment a single dose is recommended. In the event of heavy roundworm infestation a repeat dose should be given after 14 days.